View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gabigoo

Resentful of HIS recovery?

I know this topic has come and gone but I need a little help... My AH is now 35 days clean but I am still struggling. He is doing great and I can see such a difference in him but I still feel that I have not gotten as far. I understand that he is new to recovery and he wants to do the 90 meetings in 90 days. My problem is that I still have TOTAL repsonsibility for EVERYTHING so he can get the help he needs! But I will say that he has definately been better at taking responsibilities around the house- for the first time in 9 years!! And here I am right now at home with the kids while he is at a meeting (which I am happy for, don't get me wrong!) I just wonder...when will I be able to take care of what I need to do? He can't watch the kids at night so I can go b/c he has meetings. And with that the only time I have been able to go to an Al Anon meeting is when I should be at work! I have been able to go 3 times but it is not ideal. I would rather go at night so I can get ME time.

I guess I am looking for is advice on how you all have approached the beginning of recovery. Sometimes I get so angry b/c I can see that he is doing well but I still feel trapped and I am resentful that I am not able to go and get support. He does say to me that I should go to a meeting- he has really enjoyed AA- and he knows Al Anon would be great for me...but WHEN???