View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 11:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
pandora999

yep.. i'm hanging on myself. however, since coming to this site and reading the posts and getting some great advice from people who have all lived this, been in my shoes, i feel that my eyes have been opened somewhat.

i am now actually considering the possibility that this may not work out as i had hoped. and that this situation is more than just me and my love for my alcoholic boyfriend. if i stayed with him because i couldn't bear the thought of leaving the 'love of my life' what if that decision caused him to stay within the alcoholism? if leaving him meant that he MIGHT wake up and decide to get the help he needed i WOULD do it. i love him enough that it would be worth it to save his life.

another thing... my boyfriend is a very gentle, sweet person, both sober AND drunk and right now i do not feel in any danger.. however alcoholism is a progressive disease and maybe that might not be the case in five, ten years... i am now considering the possibility that things that i thought wouldn't happen might happen.

i would also say DON'T marry this man until is recovered/sober.

you're in my thoughts!