View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
HeyImme

I am right there with you some days. It's funny...I read an article on CNN a couple of days ago where a woman was talking about this very thing...being a single parent in a marriage...her husband was a restaurant owner, not an alcoholic, but she was bemoaning all the parenting falling on her shoulders due to his long hours. Then all the truly single moms came along with follow-up posts saying they were offended that the author would act like her situation was anything like being a single mom. All the posters were arguing back and forth...it was ridiculous. I kept thinking...it is NOT a contest. Mourning single parenting, married or not, is understandable. The main difference, in my opinion, is that when you're married, there is the EXPECTATION of some sort of help/support/communication. So I guess it all comes back to our expectations. In my situation, I don't even really mind to do most or all of the work...I just want him to be engaged in the present moment every once in a freaking while, you know?