View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 10:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
reggiewayne

Good topic. I am an AA'er and a salesman by profession (terrible mix - I know lol)... I know that is the modo of the program, I also know that if it were pushed on me early on I would have probably rejected it, but it's hard to stay "moderate" when the program has literally saved my life.

I try so hard not to push it too hard. I don't know if I'm successful at that or not, probably depends on who you ask. It's just hard when you see someone post something that I remember going through. I remember the hopelessness and the misery and then I find the solution.

It's hard for me to be like, "Well, you could go to a counselor, orrrrrrrrrrrr, ahhhhhh, oh I don't know, try some soul searching, orrrrrrrrrrr, ahhhhh, well let's see, oh yeah, HOW ABOUT DOING WHAT I DID AND THAT SAVED MY LIFE AA!!!! lol...

It's kind of like giving your child a bunch bunch of different options and praying he chooses the one that you think will be the best one.

Your point is well taken. If I ever come off as a blow hard, PM me and let me know. I promise I won't be offended. Great post!!!!