View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
ShiningStars

Wow. This thread is loaded! So much good insight here!! I just recently found SR and am so thankful that I did! I had no idea my AH had a problem with alcohol when we met, then married. I really thought I'd found my prince charming. Six years and two kids later things are very different. My AH has been hospitalized three times in less than five years for acute pancreatitis, has been unemployed for almost a year now, was arrested earlier this month for public intoxication... I've been called every name possible and accused of everything under the sun. I walk on egg shells because of his unpredictable moods.... I could go on and on Things are worse, not better every day.

I wish I had been more aware of his issues. Looking back there were signs but I accepted his excuses because I didn't know any better. And I didn't want my prince to be a toad. If I knew then what I know now I would have ran as fast as I could! I am trying to get out of this mess and protect my kids in the process. You deserve so much better. Please keep reading and posting.