Thread: 50 days..
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ImReadyToQuit

I've never had much of a problem quitting.. Staying sober has been a different story.. And looking over the 20 months I was working on this, all I did was remove the alcohol from my life.. This time around I got a sponsor, I do meetings twice a week (maybe low, but its the best I can do now).. I live on SR (thats nothing new though, I've been doing that except when I would binge, I'd stay away.. lol).. My diet is excellent and I work out daily. I'm rediscovering a lot of passions for activities that I had years ago and working them in...

I hear a lot of people talk about getting bored a lot.. Idle time is the devil's playground... I don't care what it is, find things you enjoy doing and sssssssssstay busy.

The only cravings I get now are for bad foods.. And I beat those cravings. I've not had a single piece of fried food since my last drink (not even a single french fry).. Somehow I think my brain is being tricked somehow which is fine with me.. I changed my entire lifestyle, and within even the first week of doing all these things, I felt a sense of relief... A sense of the worst is behind me, and a past I will learn from, but never return to.