Thread: Tired
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
MCESaint

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
Great analogy with the burning down of the house... I've often wondered how my AH would have treated me if I ever did even one of the crappy things he's done to the girls and I. I've forgiven more in this lifetime than I can keep track of but if I lose my cool, cry, get angry etc.... you better believe I'm going to hear about my "crime" forever...

Like you said, I think whether he's reached his bottom or not, I have reached mine as it sounds you have reached yours with your W.

I'll tell you this-- my daughters are a lot more peaceful and calm and gentle with one another with my H being out of the house. It's the difference in terms of how kids seem when the A is out of the picture that really makes it clear there's a noticeable difference when he's gone...

How is your D doing?
I would say D is not doing great.

When AW went into rehab before (an out patient program) and was going to AA meetings, I sat my D down and we had a talk about how mom had this sickness and, therefore, was needing to go get better by doing these things.

She's an only child so she's use to having us - and mom in particular - around.

D hasn't said much this time around. And when I ask her if she wants to talk about anything, she just says "no."

For the past few nights, I've been sleeping in the basement. I've got nowhere else to go, really.

AW asked said a few days back: "aren't you going to yell at me?" I said "no. It doesn't do any good." And left it at that.

I'm "civil" to AW, but there's clearly a lot of distance between us.

So, D sees that happening.

My heart breaks for her.