Thread: I can't do it
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 08:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
kittykitty

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
The worst is that I can't blame it on his drinking bc he has been sober for a few weeks now... He's worse than ever sober...
wantto, He may be sober, but he's still an alcoholic. The way I see it, there's three types of A's: active alcoholics, alcoholics, and an actively recovering alcoholic.

In my experience, and alot of what I see on here, they get alot worse when they're sober and not up to their elbows in recovery (sounds like he is not even ankle deep). It's like taking a burn victim off their pain meds. Having to deal with the agony of reality, which they have become dependant on alcohol to keep them from doing, is bound to cause alot of trouble.

And to add to his misery, you're leaving him and moving on with your life. How dare you?

I'm glad you dare to. I'm right there with you.

Oh, and I'm also familiar with the "you're making it impossible for me" routine. The idea that since they've made the half *** decision to sober up, the rest of us are supposed to put them on a pedestal, wash their feet and wipe their rear to make the process as easy as possible for them. That always makes me mad. Obviously not going to any meeting because I know they talk about whose responsibility their recovery is in those rooms, same way we Al Anons talk about who's responsible for our recovery.

Can you tell i'm a little bitter? yeah, yeah, i'm workin on it

i'm also working on using more smiley face characters, as you can see.

Good Luck, stay strong, we can do it!

And heyimme, the moving out while he's at work thing, you just defined the next week or two of my life, that's what I've got to figure out how to do. Get out as quick as possible, and just leave a note...