Thread: Tired
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MCESaint

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
Yeah, bummer...has she figured out how she's going to get to work tomorrow?
The arresting police officer gave her a "refusal to submit to breath/chemical testing" revocation notice (she says she tried to blow into the breathalyzer, but it wouldn't register . . . whatever) - so she has a license (or permit) for the next 15 days (well, 15 days from date of arrest). After that, it's suppose to be a 1 year revocation.

Not sure she's figured it out yet after her 15 days is up. I know I cannot - we work in two different directions.

I've known of cases where the accused drunk driver can go into court and request a stay of the revocation - arguing that they didn't really refuse to blow into the breathalyzer. Ironically, one of these situations is where the drunk person totaled their car (single car accident) and was taken to the ER with serious injuries and, therefore, argued that she could not have "refused" to consent given that she was being treated with pain meds, etc.

Whether she applies for such a stay is up to her lawyer; whether she gets such a stay is up to the courts/prosecutor.