View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Scrubmuncher

Methods or meds to stop my paranoia?

Just tried to go out in daylight for the first time in a week. I put my hood up, a scalve around my face, did my jacket right up and wore some glasses. Seriously, it isn't that cold here, my parents think I am just being immature and trying to dress different. God knows what the neighbours think, infact they know I am crazy after years of being ridiculous when drunk.
Anyway I feel slightly less open to attack when in disguise although I am not stupid enough to think it does disguise me.
I walked to the wooded area, head down double time, got to the gate to enter the field, saw some strangers quite a distance away, but coming my direction, did an about turn and literally ran home, ran upstairs and have closed the blinds and am under the covers in my bed.
I need to get my head out of this people are going to get me mode. Inside I know no one is going to hurt me, but possibly confront me with a hello or heavens forbid and conversation of some kind.
Does anyone have any words that will get through to my inner self that can shake this pathetic little boy I have inside me out and start thinking like a man and father figure I am supposed to be. I'm embarrassed of myself I am so pathetic.
Wise Direct words welcome.