View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 11:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Rose56

Interesting post....I struggle with the same issues. Hubby started sleeping in the family room about 7 years ago. He likes to sleep with the tv on and he is overweight and snores badly. When we first got together I slept with the TV on for many years. I could never get a good night's rest with people talking to me every night! So I moved the TV out of the bedroom and he went with it. Now I like our arrangement, I get a quiet night's sleep and no pressure about sex. I don't feel like having sex very often because of how conflicted I feel toward him. I don't feel connected with him so I don't want sex. He gets angry and blames me for not wanting sex, how it is not natural etc. Mostly I don't have sex, but sometimes I still initiate sex to make peace with him. Sometimes hesays things that make me feel sorry for him, like he doesn't feel like a man so I feel pressured about having sex. In the new movie, The Mancharian Candidate", the character played by Meryl Streep says "Where are the men anymore? The men that just see what needs to be done and does it without asking everyone's permossion" Boy did that ring true to me, not exactly the way she meant it, but in the sense of where are all the men like Atticus in "TO Kill a Mockingbird"? Where are the strong men??????????