Old 03-19-2011, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
clicktrackheart

I have known a lot of people who quit cold turkey...it's a miserable process from what I have been told...but I suppose you just have to decide if you're willing to go through that process instead of living as a zombie in addiction, with no will to live. I'm sorry, i don't have experience with those withdrawals, but I know the feeling of wanting to not exist anymore...i remember running out of excuses to my family...i remember the lying to myself more than anyone else. I promised myself one day that, no matter what..nothing was worth using over. I felt so ****** for the first several months. Crying in confusion and anger, and sometimes for no reason. But i remember that every hoop i jumped through clean, i started feeling so much better about myself...once i got clean, there was hope for a better life- a life that finally had meaning; a life that i didn't have to hide from the ones i loved. It is not easy for anyone to get clean, and i certainly feel for you Oncorhynchus. I would definitely research the effects on the body before quitting cold turkey, as i do not know what happens to the body during withdrawals..but i see people who come into meetings very dope-sick. It always passes, as long as you don't pick up.
On the other side of the darkness you might walk through, the beauty and fulfillment is endless. We are all here to walk through it with you. You are never alone, never again, my friend.