View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JustStartingOut

New to site...Hi!!

I found this site and was very excited. Wanted to post and tell a little about myself. So here it goes.

*Deep breath*

My husband of 7 years (this month) finally took the plunge. He admitted that he has a problem and decided it was time to do something about it. This is or course after we have a baby and 2 DUIs. I have 2 older children that live at home with us (17 & 14).

So he put himself into detox & rehab. He has been out 5 days. He is going to his meetings, getting phone numbers, talking to his sponsor, the whole 9 yards....But he also has anxiety issues. He is worried about everything under the sun. He has told me that I am his rock. I have been supportive with everything in his recovery. I read some of the book, I went to some meetings with him in the rehab, I try to keep him focused. This anxiety thing is tough though. How do you tell someone the sky is not falling when they insist they see it falling??

Since he has been home, I almost feel like he's not here. I started a job and I work from home on the computer form 12-7 m-f. He sits on the sofa, and we really don't talk. I try to ask him how his meetings went when he gets home, and he gives very brief information....VERY brief. I know it's going to take a long time for him to adjust living life without alcohol, but I don't want to feel left out either.

I need to look into Al-Anon meetings in my area. I guess I just need some emotional support now too. I want to know if it does get better? will he come around? and I need help trying to keep him focused with his anxiety!!

Thanks for reading...sorry so long