Old 03-17-2011, 08:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
emp919

tiny nuggets

Originally Posted by Shellcrusher View Post
I'm seeing letters of that nature as nothing short of manipulative conditioning made to make us accept less than normal.

I'm not blasting your situation or the letter you got. I'm just kinda rehashing what I've become. If my AW makes diner once a week I feel like I've won the lottery. How is that normal? It's not and frankly, I'm getting a little wound up because I'm remembering what it's like to get a small nugget from my A. My therapist calls it seduction and the further from constant peace you get, the bigger and more powerful the seduction becomes, meanwhile the nuggets get smaller and you start accepting less and less. I've said the same thing twice now. I need to stop.

Good for you for not responding. Stay strong and don't let that letter make you feel anything. You didn't create it. It's not from you.
wow. this whole thread, and especially shellcrusher's post -- really, really helpful to me... and this does seem like a strange space to find yourself in, where you are thinking, is this detachment or am I being unreasonable? cruel? unforgiving? stingy? am I supposed to be feeling something? nothing? etc. I think for me, especially when the feeling feels new and unnatural, unpracticed -- as with detachment (for me).

Glad I saw this thread,

~emp919