Old 03-17-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

I found that knowing it is a physical allergy helped immensely in the understanding of what actually happens to us if we take the first drink?

There is of course the metal obsession to keep drinking but it also the "body" craving more of the same too...this means that if i do take that first drink then i am going to have 20, i would not want to control the amount nor would i attempt to anymore if i was to drink again...its pointless...

Before i went to AA i was just told that i was an alcoholic...wtf does that mean? lol I guess one day there will be more info widely available about alcoholism and that will be good for all new yeahgr8's and Neo's...having so much willpower and not being able to understand why i couldn't stop drinking literally drove me to the gates of insanity..y'know without the stuff in the Big Book i would still be convinced that it was a matter of willpower and thats scary...well its not scary for me anymore but i feel scared for others who don't have this information!