Old 03-17-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
tjp613

Originally Posted by Sheneedshelp View Post
Thanks to everyone for the support. Helpless would be a great description of how I am feeling right now.

Most of college was paid for up front by scholarships since she did so well in high school, we are chipping in the rest but it's not a finicial burden or anything. I don't want to pull her out because I honestly believe if she figured out her crap and focused on her schooling she would easily be able to succeed there or at any school. I don't want to give up my little girl yet.
Pulling the support has nothing to do with whether or not it is "a financial burden" -- it's a statement that says, "We will support your success, but not this out-of-control behavior."

Does she drive a car that you've paid for and is in your name? I'd yank that car so fast it'd make her head spin. If she kills someone while driving in that condition, you can be assured of one heckuva lawsuit. As owner of the car YOU are liable.

I can almost guarantee that any amount of lecturing is not going to make any difference in her behavior. She's already been suspended and arrested! It's clear that she is in complete control and can get you to do whatever she wants. She's invincible.

If you really want to help your daughter I will suggest that you make the consequences as "painful" as possible for her and FAST. It was the ONLY thing that made my son pay attention. He had to be homeless, jobless and moneyless before he took notice. It may come to that for your daughter as well. That's the cold, hard reality....and I wish it weren't so.

I"m sorry