View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 08:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
jamaicamecrazy

If I had not been in the same position I would have agreed with everyone. However my husband has never been physically abusive. The last 2 years we were together his whole personality changed. He became verbally abusive and did the whole manipulation thing as well. Accused me of having an affair when he had admitted he was having a relationship with someone who had a "crush" on him. It was crazy. I sincerely thought he had a brain tumor. Then one night he tore my clothes off me and screamed that he wanted to punch me. I was not scared because I had never known him to be violent. But I knew he had crossed a line and that I could not stay. I still think it was the alcohol. I don't think he would ever have became this out of control if not for his continued drinking. Of course he never claimed responsibility. When I told him he had crossed a line he said I crossed the line years ago when I stopped treating him with respect. That person was not my husband. Not the man I have known for 30 years. I cannot be with that man. But I keep hoping that he will choose sobriety and the sweet man I have known will be found again. How naive do I sound?