View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zrx1200R

Some will disagree with me, and that is fine. But you really didn't define "laid his hands on me". This could be just a hand on a shoulder. Or it could be a smack across the mouth. Obviously one is far, far worse than the other.

I say this only because my drunk wife stumbled and as I went to catch her and control her fall to the ground, resulting in ZERO injury, I was accused of "laying hands" her. It was true. I touched her. But I didn't hurt her. So be sure what you are saying. A simple laying hands on another person is NOT a criminal offense.

With that said, what you describe is exactly what these people do to people like us. They lie, manipulate, delude, and conspire against us. Ask your self if a person more of you mans temperament and character would put up with HIS behavior for a minute. The answer is NO. And a resounding NO. That is why they are not with people like themselves. They seek out and find US. Because we are the "the glass is nearly full" kind of characters. We have an amazing ability to forget about the dramas of the past. We have to, or else we would go crazy. The people in this world that can not let go of the memories let go of the people.

You are not alone. Nor are you crazy. And most of all, YOU are not responsible for the behavior of a grown man. Any grown man. He chooses to act, say and do the things he does. You are only guilty of enduring his wrath. Nothing more.

Dr. ZRX recommends spending some time alone and see how you like the peace that accompanies it. Also, start keeping a journal. Best to keep it on the computer in Word format and password protect it. Write down the big events. Then go back in a few months and read what you packed away in a little dark spot of your brain. You will be amazed.