Old 03-14-2011, 06:17 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Sneezy

I'm very sorry too, Fandy. Though I can't give you a real in-the-flesh hug, here's a big virtual one:

((((((((((Fands)))))))))))))))) (Oh great, she says, now I can't breathe )

This Monday night I am grateful for:

1. The Grat Pack who treat me with kindness, compassion, humor, and go out of their way to make me feel like I belong. I had a crappy day today (must have been a drought in the kindness/belonging department) and it is so good to come home here. Thanks my buddies

2. Reading about tomato mozzarella olive oil wraps with spinach and grilled red peppers. Yum!

3. My dad continuing to do better and better. Very grateful.

4. Not wanting to drink, despite the crappy day. I am still amazed at no longer being interested in drinking. I never ever thought I would see that day. It was my go-to ace-in-the-hole coping mechanism on crappy days. OK, good days too. Oh hell, anyday!

5. Learning to text. I hate texting, but I am glad I'm glad I'm willing to try. I haven't yet INITIATED a text and doubt I ever will. But I can respond to those of others. S-L-O-W-L-Y

6. My puppy dog. There is a person on my street who walks a huge beautiful brown pit bull back and forth past my house - no kidding, probably ten times! I guess they want to stay close to home. Anyway, my girl barks ferociously each and every time they walk by, as if it were the first time! I guess she's just wanting to be sure the pittie knows that this house is taken!

7. International aid that has been sent to Japan from I think 70 countries now. They need it so badly - the death toll continues to rise and the awareness of how much destruction and damage to nuclear plants.

8. Coffee ice cream with chocolate syrup. Especially when it occupies the same bowl as some Edy's Fudge Crunch, or Fudge Nugget, whatever. It's GOOD.

9. Being able to spend time with a friend who lost a loved one this weekend. RIP T and thank you God for caring for my friend and her family.

10. Being able to remember what is good in this world even on days when I feel discouraged and down. This too shall pass, and there really is blue sky above the clouds. Oh - Rule 62 too!

G'nite GP!