Old 03-13-2011, 09:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Seriously, I'd just like to finish this semester...

...without emotional curve balls being lobbed at me. I know life will never be stress-free, that's a fact. However, I don't know if God is testing me, the planets are out of alignment, or it's just my life.

After I flat out told my 33-year-old AD that coming to live with me was not an option, I haven't heard a peep from her. I knew she was mad as hell, but I did not lose sleep over it, guaranteed.

So this evening she texts me to ask about taking her cat for her because she doesn't want to just abandon him. I don't know what the situation is, if she's got somewhere to go to now or what, and I didn't ask.

Animals are my soft spot. Every fiber of my rational being, self-preservation mode is screaming no. I took her very poorly lab mix in at age 12, and gave that precious gal 4 1/2 years of all the love and care possible. I don't regret that a bit, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

The current cats I have, 2 of my own, and 4 of Amber's, would not accept another cat in the household.

So I sat, all torn up because I knew what my answer was, did tell her no, but we're talking about a pet being abandoned.

Long story short, Amber offered to go pick up the cat and take him to the humane society in Wichita. They have a beautiful new facility, with much larger capacity. I have had all my bridge babies cremated through them. He's neutered and vaccinated, so that's a plus.

This is an expensive gift Amber is willing to give that cat because she has a diesel truck, and we're talking about 200 miles worth of driving total. I texted AD back.

Then I get the reply that she's not 100% sure she has to 'get rid' of him, and will know for sure tomorrow. Ugh.

Amber is leaving for horseshoeing school down in Oklahoma on the 21st, so I hope AD shoots an answer back tomorrow.

In spite of all this, I managed to take deep breaths, finished up my weekly assignments for Death & Dying class, and a huge honking midterm assignment he gave us to do.

Two more months...just two more months...is it too much to hope for no drama? Ugh.