View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Fandy

Happy birthday indeed!!! congrats on yourday and that test was really huge.....i'm sure you were shaken and upset. i'm glad your mother is OK.

when my daughter was young she used to have sleepovers and i made a lot of mexican food for the kids as it was cheap and they liked it....one of the girls started to choke at the table on a nacho....i grabbed the kid (about 5 feet tall and over 100 lbs) out of the chair and picked her off her feet when i rammed my fist into her abdomen (think a bear hug from behind and thrust up under the ribs area in the center)....the nachoes were dislodged....but it is very scary....i didn't even think....the only thing I knew about the Heimlich? was from reading about it in the old Stephen King novel "Christine"...(he was very descriptive about a girl choking on a hamburger).

i think you describing this unfortunate accident as a test is right on.....and i agree with Dee....you are doing some solid work...i admire your methods too.

(you did not reward yourself with a drink, but i think you can reward yourself with any other small treat to celebrate....i hear Sephora calling you):day1