View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MeetingJunkie

Smile Brain Foggy, When Will it Subside?

Hi Everyone,

So I have about 6 and a half months sober. I'm 21 years old. I do not feel clear-headed. I can function alright but I just feel like my brain is foggy. I have really crappy short-term memory. I sometimes feel like I'm not all the way there. I take Wellbutrin and have been for about a year. I'm not asking for medical advice because I doubt my doctor is going to read this and respond to it. Just looking for personal experience. Could the med have anything to do with it? Is it simply lingering effects of substance abuse? I get these brief and rare moments of clarity (in a general sense of the term) that make me remember what it feels like to be clear-headed. These might be what has sparked me realizing that I am foggy-headed. I can only recall this happening within the past month or so. Not having a short-term memory makes me terrible with names (which hinders my ability to make friends at meetings) and causes me to struggle with my math class (I'll totally understand a concept one minute and forget it the next). I am open to any and all suggestions. I am thinking of talking to my doc about weening off the anti-depressants and see how that feels. I was never terribly depressed to begin with. I eat healthy and take a vitamin once a day. I get exercise daily. I get a reasonable amount of sleep (9-10 hours 3 days a week and 6-7 the other 4). I don't know what else to do... Anyways thanks for reading this. Hopefully some folks with over 18 months (That's when post-acute withdrawl symptoms are supposed to wear off completely) will share some knowledge with me. Thank You So Much!!

--Max