Old 03-12-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
MissFixit

Hi,

I know how you must be feeling. I am in healthcare, t he business end of things, but I have dealt with caregivers.

The desire to have the plan set out and the process in place and the answers soon can be intense. I have watched people become confused and then deeply depressed because of the hand they are dealt with respect to ill family members.

When you put on your nurse's hat you probably see that this is a step in his process. He is sick, but to get better he must walk this road at his own pace andin his own time. People choose what they want to and we as loved ones hope and pray that they make healthy choices, but they are his choices. The medical team intervened, but it sounds like things are coming back to him to take care of. I can imagine that this frightens you. When people I loved left rehab or the institution, I worried. I was angry. BUT THEY WEREN'T FIXED YET!

Decades for one and a few years later for the other, I see things much clearer. I never had any control. I only thought I did at one time. NO one but them had any control over their choices.

I am sorry that you are going through this. It must really suck. I always think to myself when I go through really bad times that this is something else I lived through that I know what feels like. In my 80 or so years someday, I will have this too down on my life's experiences. Most of those things I think about are bad things, but I try to put them into the perspective of my entire life and my life in context of a set of experiences both good and bad. I don't know. Sometimes thinking like that helps me.

HUGS