Old 03-11-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Horselover

Very powerful stuff, Reub and I might like a copy of that self help book. I got a lot out of reading the way you phrased things and I too have blamed my parents for years for certain things that I have encountered, BUT I realized that had my parents not divorced when they did my life would not have unfolded as it did. Had my life not had unfolded the way it did I would not be married to my soul mate nor would I have my son. Had I not been alcoholic I never would have met the wonderful friends I have met through SR nor would I have found this quest of self discovery. You can't have the good without the bad and the bad just makes the good all that much sweeter. As a parent myself now, I realize my parents did the best they knew how at the time and still are trying to do the best they know how. My problem is the best was never enough, but when I became a parent and realized every waking moment you worry about physiologically messing your child up and that parenting IS the hardest job ever taken on. I guess not everybody worries about messing their kid up, but I do or rather did a lot more before. Now I try to forgive and accept myself as I forgive and accept others. Not easy and hey. . .you didn't even ask for my 2 cents.

Grateful this Friday for -

1. A grand time with my Mom. We watched a wonderful Netflix movie and then talked until midnight. Haven't done that with her since I gave up drinking. God has a way of winking at me at times and saying see change isn't all that bad. I used to worry I would never have the closeness with my mom I had when we would pour the wine because we would talk for hours and hours, BUT it came back! Its better then before because we don't argue as we did then. We don't misunderstand each other either. Yup! Much better!

2. Glad I had a very restful sleep last night.

3. Happy to be going in to make copies.

4. Very excited about our weekend weather. 70s!!! Woo hoo!!! Spring has sprung.

5. To be getting more paint this weekend so the painting saga can continue as of Monday. Decided because husband's job prospect looks so promising that it can't wait and if we have to put the place on the market it will be ready.

6. Our animals that just kind of roll with the day.

7. Tortellinis! That's what Mama is cooking tonight for son and I. Love those!!

8. My mother in law that calls from Palm Springs to tell me she is sitting by the pool. She KNOWS I LOVE WATER!!!!! I'll get even. LOL!

9. God!

10. Being sober.