View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kjell
i've done my almost

Hi all-

Thank you for your responses. I really appreciate every one of them.

@Laurie - Ok, I get your point about too many "sorrys" and too elaborate.
Also, it's not that she won't met with me, it's that I moved from VA and now live in GA. I'm simply unable to do this in person as I'm unable to go to VA at this time. I've spoken to my sponsor about this and he thinks it's ok to do this via phone/letter. My exGF and I agreed that I'd write a letter and then we'd speak (if she wants to after reading my letter).
It's confusing, anytime I'm "listening" for God's direction, so I don't know if this is a good time or not, but I've already contacted her and she's expecting this letter.

@nodaybut2day- My intentions are to complete my step 9 so I can move forward from holding on to all these negative emotions and baggage from my past. I also really want to apologize to her and make amends. I'm still very embarresed and ashamed of myself, even after all these years.

@shellcrusther- Thanks for that. I really doubt she will be triggered (I haven't seen her in 2.5 years w/ no contact), but what do I know. I believe she's already engaged and moved on, but I don't know as she's in VA and I'm in GA and I'm not really in contact with many of our former multual friends. I had to change my people, places, and things to get and stay sober and moving to another state really helped.

@Pink - thanks! We don't have kids and we never lived together and I was very good at paying for things, so there isn't any financial amends to make here.

@Tuffgirl - I hope you get your amends, but even if you don't, I wish you healing b/c you deserve it.

Thanks again!
Kjell