View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Kjell

Congrats on your sobriety - how great for you - i pray it continues and so does your growth in your recovery program.

From my perspective ~ I can't tell you if your letter is right or wrong - I can only tell you what I wish I would have heard and/or seen from my ex A.

I wish I would have heard an acknowledgement of my many years of emotional & financial support.
I wish I would have gotten validation of the emotional stress and abuse the disease & his behaviors caused our home.
I wish that his actions would have reflected a true change in his behaviors
I wish I would have seen a true attempt at some financial amends
I wish he would have never said "I'm sorry or I apologize" to me ever again - I heard it a million times - I would have rather heard "I truly regret how much I have hurt you, our daughters & our grandchildren"
I wish he would be a living amends - rather than write another letter, give another speech or make another promise that to me holds about the same worth as plug nickel. . .

He and I will never be able to restore our marriage - we are far beyond that point - but a living amends to me would be a true & honesty attempt to restore his relationship with our daughters and grandchildren.

That would mean more to me than any letter could ever express.

Just my experience, strength and hope - not to belittle, degrade or discount your feelings - just sharing my true heart from someone affected by the disease of alcoholism/addiction for a very very long time.

Praying your God's very very best for you as you Trudge the Road to Happy Destiny!
PINK HUGS,
Rita