Old 03-11-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
StrongEnuf

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
StongEnuf...he's just white knuckling it because he's afraid of losing his main enabler: you. Before long, without a recovery plan in place, he will drink again.

Seeing as your landlord is a good friend of the family, would it be possible to talk to him and see what can be done about reassigning the lease to your name only? I did the same when I left my AH; we re-assigned the lease and utilities to him only, and I left with my DD.

Every utility, is my name. There is no lease we are tenants as will. The original leases was in my dads name and after he passed away 5 years ago we never resigned. I just send him a check everymonth and call him when something breaks he is good like that.

I have the income, the insurance, the truck I drive is in my name, his is in his name (including the loan on it) Yes BTW He drives a new truck with a loan on it, but I bought a used one in cash (off a friend that basically gave it to me for the kids) and have been driving around with a smashed windshield for 2 weeks because my insurance company only allows one windshield every 12 months and he already smashed one back in October. He promised he was going to call and get it replaced, but I am still waiting.