View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Summerpeach

Originally Posted by kiki5711 View Post
My ex husband was like that but he was not an alcoholic. He only drank a beer or two when I did.

He was just normally EVIL. In fact he was a bit more tolerable after he had a beer.

Stay away from this guy, he'll make you think that "YOU" belong in a mental institution and not him.
I was with him for close to 5 yrs and yes, it about put me in a crazy-house!
His ex before me tried to kill herself, never understood why, now I see why!
These NPD types get off on the power they have to hurt others.

And yes, I am NOT a victim, but the abuse starts off covertly and slowly. At first, you have no idea what hit you, by then, you're so deep into it, it's hard to makes sense of it enough to leave.
It's called a trauma bond. Their mental and emotional abuse causes PTSD and it takes a while to undo this damage.

And to add, my ex was actually nice when he drank, I actually liked him. When he got sober 3 yrs into it, this is when the SERIOUS lies started, the cheating, the gaslighting, the head games etc.
He was actually in AA trying to pick up women. Saw an email to his addict friend saying "There is some hot blonde with huge t*ts in my group. This one I'm going to take it slow with"
And he was with me at the time 3 yrs!
He would go to AA dressed up, put on cologne! I was baffled at his behaviour. It took me this long to see, he's disordered and the booze is the only medication he had to keep him "normal"