Old 03-10-2011, 04:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jerseytomato

I feel the same way about thinking before I write anything. Not because I feel like I might say something mean but because I feel like if I say anything about how I don't attend AA I might get half a dozen people trying to make me feel guilty about it. I can't afford any feelings of guilt this early in my recovery. In fact I tried AA for a few years but all of the judgement I received in the rooms about how many meetings I attended, how much I shared, what I shared, how much service I did, whether or not I believed in God etc. is what keeps me from the rooms today.

Sometimes I post that I don't do AA or that I am atheist and I'm not asking for opinions but I get plenty of them. The bottom line is that there is more than one way to skin a cat and if someone doesn't choose AA for their recovery they should be respected for their decision. We should stick to support and staying sober here no matter which method we personally choose for ourselves. I am glad that many have found success in staying sober in AA but it isn't the only way.