Old 03-09-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

IMO, it's not normal in an established committed relationship to just disappear. I would personally hope for a little communication. Not really asking permission, but a "Hey, Love, Grandpa needs a little help around the place so I'll be there overnight so we can knock out a bunch of projects. Then the guys will be at Joe's house and I thought I'd head over there."

That being said. That's what I would want. It's not what I got.

Your STBX has no problem with HIM staying out for that long. I wonder what he would do, how he would feel, if YOU stayed out for a 24 hour period, often. I can guarantee, had I done it even once, XAH would have been in my face about affairs and cheating, etc. However, he was free to stay out all night with his team mates. I'm not saying to try it, but just wondering. After one all-night binge without calls, I asked XAH that question: How would you feel if I did that? He tensed, his face when ape-sh-t angry then statue calm, "I'd be fine with that." Yeaaaaaaah.

Do you feel comfortable talking with him about it? Do you think he's really just clueless that he's not being considerate? Would talking to him make any difference in his behavior? It turns out that XAH wasn't clueless, he just thought different rules applied to him than applied to me.