Old 03-09-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
CrackQuack

Hi Elainakay. I am Crackquack and by the grace of my HP, 25 months clean.
I've been there. the MMP (smoking pot) to stay off crack. Popping my vicodins to stay off crack. Drinking to stay off crack. Know where it led me? Back to crack. It may not happen for him right away but rest assured he will go back if he continues down this path.
Now I am no angel. When my vicodin prescription ran out and I didn't have the 140 bucks to go to the doctors, a friend gave me 10 of his and I took them. I did take two a day and then begged my family doctor to work something out with me and he did (the discount is rediculous! 35 bucks every OTHER visit, the rest are free! I LOVE MY doctor, but I've been seeing him and his "teacher" -who retired- since I was BORN, LOL). This was about a year or so ago and because I was afraid of becoming addicted I asked if there was something different I could take and switched to tramadol, only to find out they are addictive too. Dang it.. I think everything is anymore, but the doctor keeps tabs on me and my boyfriend keeps tabs on me and we stay on the straight and narrow.
The problem is we're not all alike, so I can't say for 100% he'll return to crack or meth but the odds are high. Can't say for certain that he will get hooked on Oxys.. He may not. His defensiveness is reminiscent of someone feeling guilty.
Set clear boundries. If he's being totally honest he will go along with them. If not, then it wasn't meant to be. Don't bend on those rules one darned bit either because if you do, he'll know it and take advantage every time. Be clear. Be precise. Take some time. Write them down and work out what YOU want in your head. If he's not willing to follow, that's his problem.
On a side note, the instant my boyfriend said he was uncomfortable with me taking someone else's prescription (he was worried I was going to get addicted) I asked him if he would help pay for my doctor's visit so I can get one of my own. He was more than happy to do that. Especially when he got the bill of 35 bucks. He was like WOW.. hehehehe...
I have been on and off pain killers for 5 years now. If people would quit running red lights and stop signs (or driving while impaired), I think I would be alright. *sighs* Then all I would have left is my old work injuries and the pain from that special time in a girl's life (ugh).
Sorry, sense of humor kicks in here and there as I got to drive the car today (the one that was in the accident before New Year's). Felt good..
Anyway, your boyfriend can feel good too, without the use of drugs. Does he have any hobbies? Or how about offering a massage in place of the drugs? I know if my boyfriend would rub my back a few times a week I would be in heaven! Just some suggestions. The last suggestion is just to leave and find someone who is more stable and doesn't do drugs of any kind.
I, too, never have a problem with weed and people smoking it, but personally, they aren't allowed to smoke it in front of me or have it around me because it's not my thing. I just don't want anything to do with drugs. I get my high off of the best drug of all. LIFE.
(sometimes caffiene and sugar help though).