View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
CaliSoca
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by Leise View Post
Ok.. gonna give you some tough love.. but it is meant with all the experience, strength and hope I have in me.

I never understood why my xabf did what he did. Why he lied, why he manipulated, why he was hot/ cold, why he was sweet one minute and argumentative the next, why a simple text could send him off the deep end, why he would refuse to talk on the phone, but would text me all night long.

You are not likely to get the answers to your questions from him. I can tell you from personal experience that you don't want to know what is going on inside his head. There may be nothing there. And that is devastating to know.

You've had a lucky escape Cali.. I know the last few days have been tough, but imagine a year like that. Or twenty years. This pattern of behaviour you are seeing? It's just the tip of the iceberg with an addictive personality, using or not.

You are LUCKY. You have the opportunity now to change your patterns.. figure out why you are used to being treated like crap in a relationship and how to find happiness within yourself that will attract the kind of man you truly want as a partner in life. Because YOU are special, never forget that.

And...

Get so busy with your own life that you forget about his.

Much love,

Lyn

I just read that you are going to confront him, and "end it". Don't be that dramatic, it's already over. Respect yourself.

thank you.
So, I should drop all contact. What about the stuff of his that I have? I don't want it in my apartment. That's why I was going to go to his place....to give him his stuff and tell him we're done.

I know I need to focus on my own life- i have a busy week ahead at work and the following week is my birthday! So, I'm just gonna throw all my attention into that and my friends and the gym....maybe take a vacation.

I always thought the phrase 'i love you, but I love myself more' was really cheesy but it really does make sense.