View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 04:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

It is a big company, with offices around the world, so there are plenty of places to go.
The issue is I am not sure they can make anyone move, you have to volunteer.

They can give him an option to move or be laid off I suppose, but he will pick the "be laid off" option because he won't want to move, and they do give nice severance packages.

I love my apartment, and I love my job, and I do not want to change either. Right now I am not so worried about a physical safety issue; if it does become an issue of course I can adjust accordingly, but I do hope it does not come to that.

I am grateful XABF has so much debt, or he would have pushed me to quit my job, and I love what I do and where I work. It also has really nice benefits, and I got in just before they stopped offering pensions, so I have a giant advantage over the average person my age.

I do try to stay out in the open, and I did not walk to my car alone - not that I was worried at that point about XABF trying to harass me in the parking lot (I did make sure his car left) but because it did make me feel better, plus another witness should it come to that.
He does not have as many friends in my area as I do, as well, plus the few people he does consider friends over here know me better, and I have been careful about where I go and when.

Plus my workplace has its own security personnel (Pinkertons), with their own emergency number, so I am not worried if he tries this again at work. I have lots of friends, and lots more resources than on the outside. The police are limited in a lot of ways, whereas my workplace will go ballistic because they're afraid of lawsuits, especially now that I've got a witness and an email, so if he tries again, I hope he does it at work.