View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alone22

First Al-anon meeting...

After many months of thinking about going today I finally did it. I REALLY have a hard time with new things so it was a good hurdle for me to get over. The pieces of advise you hear and that are shared are amazing. I will be back and soon! The topic today was step #3 give it up to the HP (may not have the exactly right, but enough so that I know those here will get it). Which for me is going to be a hard one. I am pretty upset with my HP so giving it up to him seems silly right now.

I really liked this : When you use a knee jerk response, something so quick that you didn't really have anytime to think about it, you are using only you. If you wait until you are calm to determine what to do or say then you are letting your HP in to help.

With all the of positive I got out of it I did walk away a little upset. I was new, along with 3 others.... no one came to talk to me after the meeting, yet the others did. Not sure why, and it may have just happened for no reason, but made me feel ALONE. Which of course is not what I wanted to feel at all.

My AH comes home tomorrow after being on a business trip since last week... nervous... big changes in me the past few days, not sure how to approach him with it.