View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
currygod

hey thanks for your replies - they were very comforting

I guess its something to know this is (relatively) normal to feel this way right now...

I went to my dr today, he is a lovely guy and I get the impression that he thinks I'm over reacting about my health! But I still cannot stop worrying about it I know it sounds silly, but like my appetiate has dissappeared somewhat and I look up online about what could cause that and read all these horrible diseases and start panicing... it sounds silly I know. My dr thinks my appetiate has gone because of anxiety.

One thing I wanted to ask, and this may seem a bit of a random add onbut I'll go ahead anyway as its better out than in and I don't wanna get so annoyed about this that my family have an argument tonight so here goes...

I fell asleep on the sofa today, as I was just exhausted. Anyway, while I was kind of nodding off I noticed my mum kept walking in the room and just sorta staring at me, so after I walked out to see what was going on. Sure enough, she was drinking wine in the afternoon.

Now the thing that annoys me (the drinking didn't didn't annoy me, as theres no doubt shes an alcoholic and she just doesnt wanna stop so shes just gunna carry on, obviously). The thing that annoyed me was I was woken up by her friend who works at a drug agency asking me questions like 'are you alright' etc etc. Then she tells me my mum is worried cus she thinks I am on drugs!!! I mean should she really be saying to people who live down my street 'go and look at my son, do you think he is on drugs??'

and furthermore, I'm pretty certain she didn't tell this lady (one of her best friends that works at a drug and alcohol agency) that shes been drinking while I was asleep, that she often drinks when she wakes up in the morning and she pretty much drinks 24/7.

The lady asked me not to say anything to my mum so I guess this is why I'm typing it out here. Needed to vent.

Anyway, am I wrong to be annoyed about this? It kinda seems like double standards for her to be off her trolley on drink in the middle of the day and for her to be saying 'do you think hes on drugs' can you see where I'm coming from here?

anyways, I apologise for the length of my ramblings!!