View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 10:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

On the outs of my first marriage my husband struck me. Not hard but it was the act of what happened not the outcome. It didn't take me long to get a PFA (protection from Abuse) and have him removed from the house for safety of the kids. Well, of course, thru free will, he found every opportunity to harass me but I still had that piece of paper saying he was at fault.
I wouldn't stick around and wait for him to change. He has to change on his own, make up his own mind and unfortunatley this one incident will be the first of many before he 'decides' that changing is a good thing -if he decides at all. He has to find acceptance within himself that he even HAS a problem. Until he recognizes that and admits it then its a useless game. If you are always in his world you will always be the victim...the target.
I'm sorry that you are in so deep but jumping out of the pool is the best option for you. I have come to the conclusion in life that I can't save the world if the world doesn't want to be saved. But I can save myself.
Good Luck keep posting and read alot of the good info provided here.