Old 03-06-2011, 10:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
elainakay

Originally Posted by glitter View Post
Hi elainekay and welcome to SR!

You've stated that his clean time is based on not using the "hard drugs" (meth and cocaine). I just want you to know that Oxy is a hard drug. I'm willing to bet 100% that he is well aware of this.

Wishing you the best....
Thank you... I appreciate your response and everyone that has helped with this.

Yes, knowing this about Oxy is what really concerns me. It has been three years since the other hard drugs went away. this oxy situation is brand new. I have never known him to take this in the past for any pain or anything. That is why he says it makes him mad that I would bring my concern to his attention, because he has never used pills. He actually told me that my even mentioning it confirms that I am crazy in the head. I dont see how that him never using pills makes any difference... very addictive drug, his history and demise was with other very addictive drugs. I hate to see him play Russian roulet. He cannot understand my concern and my even mentioning it has made him very angry. Yes, he is very aware of the addictive affects of Oxy. He has been to treatment multiple times, he knows people addicted to it, he knows what it does to you. That is why I question his defensive behavior and wonder if he has actually been abusing it, or is going to start abusing it. It appears to be this way, but I question my judgement because he says I am nuts for even being concerned.

Thanks so much for listening. Peace and light.... Kris