View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 08:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
UniqueNewYork

Originally Posted by currygod View Post
I hate to have a pity party but has anyone else ever felt like doing this?

it's just as I emerge from seeing the world and my situation from my alcohol induced stupor with my rose coloured glasses that I realise how much I have managed to **** up..pretty much everything, seriously everything I touch seems to have turned into crap.

I mean, back when I was drinking all that alcohol, sure I was completely delusional about my entire life, but now that I'm coming out of that I realise how ridiculous it all was, and I pretty much have no life, can't remember what it feels like to feel happy. Honestly, I have no idea. Anyway, I guess this was just some great long whinge.. I'm not even sure why I'm writing this, I guess I just have to get it out somewhere as I'm fed up of all these horrible thoughts and I don't know how much longer I can carry all this around with me, it feels like this is never gunna get better :9

anyway, did anyone else ever encounter this, or am I just really pessimistic about life? sorry for you poor people having to read all that btw
Just pick something you want out of life even if it seems lame that will keep you busy. One goal might be to work out like crazy for a while until you look great. Another might be to save up money for a vacation. Take up a new art form like pottery or painting. I dunno this is a reoccurring theme not just with us alcoholics but I feel people going through this thing called LIFE. They have all this time and aren't sure how to spend it. So you end up with people who are workaholics (arguably ok to a degree), people who are womanizers, people who are drunks or addicts, people who lose themselves in video games like world of warcraft, all of them trying to make sense of LIFE. Trying to understand what is the point of any of this? The point of life is that it goes on. Guess what it happened yesterday, its happening right now and in all likelihood its going to happen tomorrow. So it goes on. So now all you have to figure out is what you want and then work towards it. In early sobriety I wanted a great body and to get a cute girlfriend. I did both of those things. I had lots of time to lift weights, learn how to talk to women, and go hit on them. Did I save the universe like flash ahhahh ? - no. But you know what I got to do the wild thing with a beautiful woman without alcohol involved and I got to a point where I liked what I saw in the mirror and I was in the gym high fiving my workout buddy and butt slapping and all that good stuff. So no I didn't cure cancer or find alien life but who cares I got some really good stuff that I wanted. Now I'm just planning my next move so I can get some more good stuff that I want and thats pretty much life.