Old 03-06-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
elainakay

Could this be a relapse after 3 years of clean time?

My boyfriend has three years of sobriety from meth and crack. He has been clean, although he does smoke weed, although he says it does not compare to the prior evils he endured with meth and cocaine. I have been concerned about the weed in the past, but am just thankful that he stays away from the other.

Last week he told me that a friend of his gave him an Oxycodone for his sore back. I questioned as to whether this was a good idea, and if he has a sore back perhaps he should seek medical attention rather than taking Oxy, which we know can be very addictive. He said... I am not a pill popper, it is one pill! He was a bit defensive. Later that evening I found 3 Oxy pills on his dresser. At that time I expressed again my concern with him and Oxy, due to the past addictions and the hell we have endured because of it. He went sideways angry. Very defensive. Told me he can take whatever he wants for a sore back if he wants. Take your own damn inventory, dont tell me what I can and cannot take. I have never been into pills, and taking drugs is a choice, and I am in control.

Ok, so I realize I should not, and can not control him, or tell him what to do, and normally I do not. However, does that not seem odd that he would get quite so defensive, does this sound like someone that is using again or heading down a path? It is really concerning to me, the reaction concerns me more than anything. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I know nothing about Oxy.