View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Angry More alcoholic game-playing?

Hi SR friends,
I have a situation that arose that I would love feedback on. Today is my RAH's birthday. About a week ago, I offered to take him out to dinner (with my 13 yr old, who was excited by the idea). He at first said yes, then over the course of the week has decided again that we can't have a relationship if we aren't living with him in his house (blah blah quack quack). He then took his niece and nephews to a movie, which he actually texted me to tell me he was doing this, which was the response to my text asking if we were still on for a birthday dinner? I canceled the reservation after that. He seems to spend inordinate amounts of time with other people yet says he can't spend time with his wife and step daughters because we don't live in his house.

Then this morning he texted me again asking if we were still on for dinner?! WTF?

I said no; given the level of game playing lately along with the lack of response to my offer to make a reservation I didn't have the desire to dine with him tonight and wished him a happy birthday.

I am sitting here now feeling tricked and disgusted. But most importantly set up for failure. Am I missing something here or did I just get caught up, unbeknownst to me, on the damn roller coaster again?! Just when I was doing so well as avoiding that ride? Gosh relapse sucks!!!