Thread: Facebook
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 02:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cb12

Facebook

tells me things I shouldn't know.

My A dad got remarried in 2009, we'll call her L. L posted some things on facebook that bothered me (I admit that I went snooping tonight... I guess this'll teach me huh?!). I'm blocking her right now.

My A dad and L made a drinking game out of the Superbowl game a few weeks ago. My A dad had to drink a shot for every touchdown L's team made. L "doesn't drink" so she was exempt from the game. Her team won.

I'm baffled. Why? Why is it ok with her to watch my dad drink himself to death? And then laugh about it? I thought I enabled him... she's encouraging him! How is it fun/cool/entertaining/funny to watch your husband drink alone until he's "nearly gone?"

She posted three sentences and my heart sank when I read them. I am heart broken and angry. I know that it was his decision to drink, and that there is nothing I can do about it. I am just starting to get the feeling that he's playing with his life. He's been drinking for 35 years... As much as I am angry with my dad, I still care for him a great deal.

I had to get that out.