Old 03-03-2011, 02:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
thatfeel

Originally Posted by kiki5711 View Post

Honestly, I can't say I don't have some good memories from back in the day. Most of the times I got the giggles and my stomach hurt from laughing so much.
Um, yeah, that's pretty much how all drug use starts.

The scary thing about weed is how slowly and subtly addiction kicks in. For the first few years, you're just "cool," exploring new mental states or having fun with friends.

Soon after, you become a "pothead," smoking more and more but basically getting your s*** done and hanging out exclusively with other potheads.

Continue on this path and you become an addict. A shut-in, socially inept and unable to get the same high that weed once gave you. And yet, YOU STILL SMOKE IT. It begins to make you feel uncomfortable and moronic, it interferes with your social life and ability to deal with the world. And yet YOU USE IT.

Marijuana addiction is just recently becoming acknowledged as a "real" problem by the medical community. The most prevalent comparison to its incredibly long-term withdrawal effects is that of heroin.

Marijuana is a drug and a powerful one at that. Your daughter needs to be very careful and come to terms with what its doing to her. She needs a therapist who understands the dangers and that she can trust and be honest.

Keep being a good mom, the world needs more parents like you. Cheers.