View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
traderjane

Good morning! I'm doing great. Off to work again very soon, but just wanted to post here first.

I'm on Day 7 and feel very organized and focused. I didn't think it was possible for me to be this "on top of things." It's a wonderful feeling to finally feel in control of my life.

I have an event to attend tonight at a restaurant. It's a college alumni event as a 25th reunion kickoff party. I'm one of the co-hosts, which just means I have to buy an appetizer for the group. Others will be drinking, but I think I will find it easy to drink something non-alcoholic because the event isn't organized around drinking and I'm not going out with "drinking buddies." The moderator of my SMART meeting told me to plan out ahead of time which non-alcoholic drink I was going to get and to get focused on that ahead of time. I think that's a good plan. I will let you know how it goes, but I'm not anticipating any big problems.

The other big news is that I am planning a little getaway over spring break for just me and my dog. My ex is taking the kids away for a few days so I thought I deserved a getaway, too. I found a nice B&B at the beach that is pet friendly, so my dog and I will travel to the coast for a couple of days and just hang out and relax. I'm really excited. And the most exciting thing about this is that I no longer feel like this is "pathetic me trying to fill my life with something" after my divorce and breakup with ex. I felt that way for a long time and everything I tried to do or fill my life with just seemed lame or pathetic. For some reason, this trip seems like a turning point for me. The trip is not for appearances or anyone else's benefit. It's for me and my dog and that's just fine. I'm starting to feel complete all by myself without a partner, and that is the best feeling I can imagine. I told you guys I was starting to heal.

Okay, off to make some $$$

Day 7