View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
transformyself
I Love Who I Am

Wow thanks for all the help guys

I thought I responded earlier, not sure where that post is!

I am worried and taking this very seriously.
My son does not want to go back to his old school
He says he feels much better just finally getting it out to us,, whereas before he was keeping it quiet.
I'm still working on finding us affordable family therapy, where we can discuss alcoholism, bullying by girls, etc.
The assistant principal returned my call today, I missed it and will have to speak to him tomorrow.
AH has retracted his previous statements and apologized to our son, wasn't aware of that until today.
It's always been amazing to me how much power we parents have and how little we understand about it.
This doesn't apply to me, thank you, and all though you may not have meant it to be, if you're talking to or about me (and why wouldn't you? you're responding to my post) I find it offensive and arrogant.

My question, "how do you handle mean girls? isn't asking, "how to I intervene at the school level to protect my child?" I know how to do that.

I have three sons, and don't allow them to act like assholes. They were raised to be respectful to both genders, to all creation.

I'm also the oldest of three sisters and my sisters are amazing, wonderful women of power who respect everyone as well.

I've seen a trend in what I call "Princess Parenting," that in my opinion creates narcissistic girls.

How the hell do we handle mean girls? is asking the question, what do I tell my 13 year old to do when these girls are verbally abusive.

I tell him to stand up for himself, verbally, and make sure he is NEVER alone with any of them. Then I called the school, who will listen to me because they know who I am and what I do and the power of the media is not to be messed with.

Then I write about it. Sell it off. If my son allows me.