View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Emotional day today...

I got all of my forms today to apply for my two diplomas and order my cap and gown. For all the graduates of the RHIT program, there is a pinning ceremony the afternoon of graduation. Despite all the challenges that have come my way over the past 2 years, I'm on the downhill slope.

I had surgery that turned out to be more extensive than expected less than two weeks before my first semester. I had my 23-year-old daughter move back in last semester when her abusive ABF kicked her out. That was difficult for both of us. I know both of us were glad once she got set up in a place of her own.

This calendar year has been the worst as far as my depression coming on full tilt. I am still battling it today, but I keep taking one step forward at a time.

I am so incredibly grateful to each and every one of you here at SR who have cheered me on in this incredible adventure.

Graduation will be May 13th, one day after my 53rd birthday. You can teach an old dog new tricks!

I will still have to take the exam to become nationally registered as a health information technician after I graduate, but I am signing up for the 3 month online review that will help me prepare for the exam.

What marvelous things have happened in my life since seeking recovery! To each and every one of you here I pray that your life too will be blessed in recovery.