View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 06:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
chicory

Trans,
so glad that you were able to get him to open up, and tell you what is going on. That is hard to do sometimes, and some kids suffer this sort of thing with no adults knowing. It is not rare , in our society these days, for kids to be terrorizing a schoolmate, with verbal taunts. at his age, that is really , really, really devastating. If he is acting out and failing two classes, I would say that he is suffering a lot over this already. Bullying is a very serious thing, and I know you are aware of the toll it has taken on some children. Not to scare you, but take it very seriously, please.
I am amazed at the cruelty of some children- and how the schools are not able to stop it, or they just don't see it, or no one reports it.
I guess I would immediately report it, and have some big talks with them, even if you do decide to change his school. I feel that even if the kids are warned not to do this again, they find ways to make a kids life miserable, sneaky , devious ways. I have seen mean kids in action, and it ain't pretty......
I am passionate about this, and I would also say, as posters above, he!! with what dad says, he may not be aware of the consequences of this sort of thing. Trying to toughen up a kid is not the way to deal with a large group of bullies.
you are doing a good job of it Trans, but maybe for safety sake, get him some one to talk to, just to give him some skills to deal , until you decide what he will do. maybe that will be all he needs. but at least, he wont be feeling alone with this serious problem.
It sure is scary raising kids, and school problems are worse than they were 20 years ago. these days, kids can turn to lots of bad things to get acceptance, or relief from anxiety.
if he was happier at his old school (which sounds wonderful to me), is it a problem for him to go there again? how does he feel about it?
i probably just echoed everything said above, but i just had to add my thoughts in there, for this situation is frightening, I know.

big hug momma, hang in there,
chicory