View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 03:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
transformyself
I Love Who I Am

My son being bullied- by GIRLS!

I wrote about my middle son recently, how he's annoying the daylights out of me. He's been acting out a great deal.

So I finally spent enough time with him at one time to get him to open up about what's really going on.

He talked about how he hears name calling at his new middle school. He went to a small, hippie school his entire life, 200 kids from K-8 with multi age classes and organic gardening. Now he's in public school and it's a universe away.

Anyway, he says he gets verbal attacks in every class and between classes, from people he doesn't know. It's been going on for the entire school year, but I thought we had taken care of it four months ago.

I went in and found an ally for him there- the health teacher- and thought he had cleared it up.

He did-with the boys. He says they are easy to deal with , it's the girls who say horrible things to him and laugh. He's been shrugging it off.

Before I found out it was girls, I told him to just go ahead and stand up for himself, whatever that means, and get it over with. He's six feet tall, at 13, and I figured that would end it. Realistically, if these were male teenage boys, it would have worked.

How the hell do we handle mean girls?

I emailed the principal, again, but am seriously thinking of putting him back into his old school. He doesn't want to, because his father told him he would be cutting and running, but he's failing two classes! That's not an environment where he can learn!

Ah, AND i'm leaving again for California tomorrow. I hate traveling like this to work, leaving my kids and little dogs alone.