Old 03-01-2011, 02:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
djayr
Lord Have Mercy

I am also filed for divorce. AW is living separately, moved out 6 weeks ago after 16 years, no kids. I own a business and I am trying not to think how badly I could get taken to the cleaners. AW is out of it on vodka and doesn't have an attorney of her own, so I am going to try to see if we can just work with my lawyer. I call this "threading the needle". Yikes, still a rough road ahead. We have an appt with a judge in June, that's the next step.

Life is lonely and sad, but also devoid of daily drama associated with AW's drinking.

What is weird for me is that: 1) I do hope she quits drinking for her health; 2) I do need to maintain a friendship/working relationship so we can negotiate a settlement without lawyering up; 3) she is crying a river and wants me to invite her back home (quote: "I just want you to beg me to stay right now"); and 4) I really REALLY don't know where all this is going! I guess that's where my HP comes in. One day at a time.

Some good things: 1) writing down my feelings; 2) going to Al-Anon; and 3) exercise.

Something funny: I have watched entire TV series through Netflix and Showtime on Demand, dozens of episodes of enjoyable shows, to help pass the time. Probably a little disfunctional but it helps to pass the time. Parks & Recreation, Season 1 of Lost, US of Tara, Nurse Jackie, Curb Your Enthusiam...etc etc

I have a big dog in bed with me and I'm sleeping just fine, so life isn't so bad I suppose.

Hang in there!