Thread: Reaching Out
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belier

Hello, You have been so great on other posts for other people and I am sure all would agree that we are here for you. I can imagine that it must feel very scary about going to court. I had an incident yesterday that I thought would shake my sobriety, not as big as you are going through, but the bank ate my card, I had no money, all these things went through my head about why my bank card would have been taken, crazy thoughts, my security felt under threat. I just took some deep breaths and took one step at a time to get it sorted, it was a bank glitch nothing to with me. Drinking came to mind and then I actually said to myself, How Stupid would that be, I am so much more capable of handling these things life throws at me now. No going back for me. Only forward. I am now on close to 70 days and once I took stock of the reality that my life is good with out it and bad with it, I really had no choice but to say this IS IT!! I will be thinking of you and just take that one step at a time and remember to breath, sounds silly but it really does help. We are all here for you.

Hugs,