Old 03-01-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Hugs, FindingPeace. Aside from the feelings, one of the hardest things for me was getting out the door on time and with everything I needed. So I started setting out everything I needed the night before. Anything I could do to make it as 'autopilot' as possible helped. I got a little notebook and wrote down lists for everything: dated each page and noted need to do tomorrow, this week, next week; need to bring to school/work; divorce hearing deadlines/court dates; bill due dates and amounts; grocery lists; library books due back on <date>; etc. Then, I looked at only the tasks for <today> throughout the day.
  • I picked out the outfits for the next day for both DS and I and set them in the same place each night.
  • I got my bag and had DS get his backpack ready for the next day and placed them with our outdoor gear.
  • I decided what the packed lunches would be, anything that didn't need to be refrigerated, got put in the lunch bags the night before.
  • I did a calendar review after dinner / dishes - and checked to see what documents/projects were due the next day and I made sure they were put in my bag.
  • My purse and keys got put in the exact same place each night, because otherwise I'd have no clue where they were.
On the emotional front, well, I put myself on autopilot there, too, which wasn’t the best thing to do, because when the emotions got through; they really got through. Take gentle care of yourself. Please remember to take time to relax and do something that helps you feel calm, centered, happy. I know it’s easy to say; much harder to do it; my sister had to force me to do fun stuff or relax.